By Brian Zaitz
The hashtag #ThrowbackThursday is popular one on the Internet; in terms of firefighter training, it may present a good opportunity to “throwback” to the basics–or rather, the fundamentals–of our trade.
In this lesson, Brian Zaitz reviews looks at one of the most basic firefighting skills: the ability to deploy a hoseline. Fireground success hinges on the nozzle making it to the seat of the fire.
Download this training bulletin as a PDF HERE (2.4 MB) and use it as an opportunity to review the basics with your company.
BRIAN ZAITZ is a captain/training多多在线观看免费视频 officer with the Metro West Fire Protection District, St. Louis County, Missouri. He is an instructor at the St. Louis County Fire Academy as well as a hazmat specialist with MO-TF1. He has achieved the designation of fire officer through the Center for Public Safety Excellence. He has several degrees, including an associate in paramedic technology, a bachelor’s in fire science management, and a master’s in human resource development.
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- Engine Company Operations: Training Minutes: Hoseline Advancement
- Getting the First Hoseline in Operation
- Tactical Safety: Who Moved My Hoseline
- ADVANCING THE HOSELINE : KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Drill of the Week: Hoseline Operations (Backup Person)
- Quality Hoseline Management for a Better Forward Advance